A big thank you to Pobody's Nerfect for tagging me with this Sleepy Meme! Now I have something to post. :)
1. How much sleep do you get on an average night?
Anywhere between 4 and 7. It largely depends on when I fall asleep, how early I have to wake up, and how many times I hit snooze. ;) Also, it would be less if I had a computer.
2. Is that enough sleep for you?
Yes and no. I manage to be relatively functional on that much sleep (even the 4 hours), but my standard response to "How are you?" is, "Tired."
3. At what time do you normally go to sleep and wake up?
Sleep usually happens sometime between 1-3; however, I occasionally pass out earlier from exhaustion or stay up later because I'm busy or not tired. I usually set my alarm for 6:45 AM, but I usually hit Snooze several times before actually getting up.
4. Do you usually fall asleep right away or have trouble?
I usually have trouble falling asleep, which is why I stay up so late. As long as I'm going to be awake, I may as well be doing something with my time, right? It's better than lying awake in bed for hours.
5. What size bed do you have?
Twin. At home I used to have a king-sized, though (still do, I just don't live there).
6. How many pillows do you use?
Depends. If it's a good pillow, I might only need one, but if it's a wimpy/too soft pillow, two or more.
7. In what position do you sleep?
Either on my stomach with my head turned to one side, or on my left side. Very occasionally on my back.
8. Do you need it to be quiet or dark to sleep?
Not generally. I've fallen asleep with the lights on more times than I can count, and I think I'd be okay about falling asleep with noise, but I'm usually one of the last in a group to fall asleep, so I haven't had much occasion to test that theory. However, when I'm sick I like it to be quiet and dark.
9. Do you use earplugs or an eye mask?
What for? :-P
10. Have you ever used a sleeping aid long-term?
No. My mother used to give me Benadryl to make me sleep when I was a kid, though.
11. Do you use headgear, a night retainer, or a biteplate?
Nope. I had a retainer for about a year after my braces came off, but my orthodontist said I could stop wearing it, so I did. I think that was a bad idea.
12. What do you normally wear to bed?
Tee shirt (either long or short sleeved), pants, and usually a flimsy skirt over the pants.
13. Do you frequently fall asleep in your clothing?
More often than I'd like to admit. I think it's because I don't change into pajamas until I'm ready to go to sleep, but often I don't know when that is going to be until I pass out from exhaustion.
14. Do you prefer a heavy or light blanket?
No real preference. It depends on the ambient temperature, I guess.
15. Do you prefer warm or cool PJs?
Depends on the season. I like warm pajamas when it's cold and cool pajamas when it's warm.
16. Do you wear socks to bed?
Not usually, but if it's especially cold I'll sometimes wear them so my feet don't freeze.
17. What is your bedtime routine?
Don't really have one. I tend to take care of going-to-bed things in random order as I think of them throughout the evening.
18. Do you listen to music when you’re falling asleep?
19. Have you sucked your thumb in recent years?
Nope. I never was a thumbsucker.
20. Do you still sleep with your childhood blankie/teddy?
No. In recent years, I replaced my bear with various neck pillows (my bear is squashed flat from its nearly two decades of use as an extra pillow).
21. Do you snore?
Not as far as I know, unless I have a cold or something.
22. Do you sleeptalk or sleepwalk?
Again, not as far as I know, although if any of the people I've spent Shabbos with would like to clue me in...
23. Do you wake up to use the bathroom often?
Not usually. Generally, once asleep I am asleep.
24. What things inhabit your bed aside from a blanket and pillow?
Hehe. Depends on if I've had guests recently. ;) If yes, nothing besides my pajamas when I'm not sleeping. If no, EVERYTHING. Books, clothes, mail, you name it.
25. What kind of alarm clock do you use?
I usually use my cell phone alarm clock, but really I should get another one cuz it doesn't do such a good job of waking me up. I am NOT a morning person. However, the one thing that can almost always wake me up is my phone ringing (if it's not on silent or vibrate).
26. Do you ever wake up before your alarm?
Almost never. When I do, it's usually because there's some urgent reason I need to be up in the morning (no, work doesn't qualify, unfortunately for me) and I'm paranoid about oversleeping.
27. Do you frequently take naps?
Hardly ever; if I nap, I will probably be awake until an even more obscene hour of the night/morning than usual.
28. Have you ever slept ‘under the stars’?
I have been camping a few times, and I enjoy it when I go but I don't usually go out of my way to plan camping trips. However, I have always slept in a tent, so does that still count?
29. Can you fall asleep on a bus, train, or airplane?
Usually yes, although I don't usually sleep well. I wake up tired and cranky.
30. Have you ever fallen asleep and missed your stop?
Erm....I think it's my turn to plead the 5th. Too many times to count...
And last, but not least,
31. Over the course of a lifetime, the average person swallows six spiders in his/her sleep. How many do you think you're up to?
Ewww! Who the heck came up with this question?! :-P Given my age and average life expectancy, I'd say I'm up to two or three by now.
I tag Irina, Eli7, Bas~Melech, Halfshared, and Erachet. Have fun!